Sunday, July 19, 2015






The Majestic Metro
8x10 inch
oil on stretched canvas
$75

You can buy this in my etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/DalessiArt

Click the link to go to this painting in my shop:

The Majestic Metro is a historic event venue in downtown Houston. The famous graffiti wall is sneaking through the tree.

The graffiti wall disappeared slowly behind the tree whilst painting. I didn't realize this until I looked at the pictures I took from steps in my painting process. I sometimes do this to check afterwards if I overworked a painting and where I should have stopped. I learn for next time.

These are the steps (sorry for the poor quality, but it's just to give an impression):

 First a rough sketch for the right composition and perspective.
 I quickly block in the canvas with color (I slightly toned the canvas so it's not bright white anymore, otherwise the colors you use will be easily too light).


Adding details where I found it necessary. I wanted to capture the sunshine.
I always like people in my paintings, it gives more life and dimension to it.

The end result. I maybe should have made the tree a little less leafy...

No comments:

Post a Comment