Thursday, July 23, 2015


Waiting for mail
8x10 inch (20x25 cm)
oil on stretched canvas

This painting is SOLD

These mailboxes I found om my trip to the hill country, Texas. They were standing so patiently in the heat, leaning towards eachother.
I found the one with the Texas flag at another house. In my painting I replaced one of the mailboxes with the Texas one. It makes it just more colorful and I like, because I live here, to add a bit of Texas to a painting.
I struggled a bit to keep the background out of focus, there are a few layers of paint on this canvas, but the more texture the better. I am happy with the finished result! It makes my day when that happens, my mood depends on this...



Coffee stop
6x6 inch
oil on gessoboard
$55


People in the city inspire me to paint- sometimes it's girlfriends shopping, sometimes it's a dogwalker who is a lookalike of his or her dog, sometimes it's a tattooed bikerider on his way somewhere, locking his bike to get a Starbucks coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment