Thursday, September 3, 2015


"Gonna keep this bag"
8x10 inch (20x25 cm)
Oil on stretched canvas
$75

I love to use this A&F bag until it tears. This way it will stay forever :-)

I have been working a long time at this one. In my head I had it clear and easy, but when I decide on background etc while I am painting, it doesn't turn out the way I had imagined...Also, I didn't want to take the time to think first and make color sketches...

I made shops in the background but it took the focus off the bag completely. Also the background was too light. I had to think: "What do I want to capture in this painting, what makes me want to paint this?" That was the bag. It had to stand out but shouldn't be on it's own.
So, a few layers later, I like it.  I'm glad I didn't throw it out at the "I'm-stuck-climax" point. It is an extreme mood lifter if it works out in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment